Last Modified: 9/18/2017
Information We Collect
We may collect two types of information from you: (i) information that you voluntarily and knowingly supply to us (e.g., through a registration process, sign-ups, or other interaction with the Site); and (ii) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Collected Using Cookies and Other Web Technologies
Like many websites, our Site may use “cookies” or other similar tracking technologies to collect information which will help us to improve the quality of our services and to make it easier for you to navigate the Site. This information typically includes your IP address, the address of the web page you were visiting when you accessed the Site, the name of your operating system (e.g., Windows, Macintosh, Linux), the name and version of your browser (e.g., Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox), pages navigated during your visit to the Site, and the date and time of your visit, among other things. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, most computers allow you to change your browser setting to prevent acceptance of cookies. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies certain features or parts of the Site may not work properly.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Natpets, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. You may “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies, pixelsor other tracking technology by managing them on your browser or mobile device. However, if you decide not to accept such tracking technology from us or from our third party vendor’s or partner’s cookies, your ability to use some features on our website may be impaired. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, pixels and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
How We Use Your Information
If we collect personally identifiable information from you we may use the information to improve our Site, our services, and your experience with our Site and services. For example, we might use your personally identifiable information for any of the following purposes:
- to respond to your queries and requests;
- to assist you with managing your account and passwords;
- to process product orders submitted by you, communicate with you about the orders, and process payments and refunds;
- to undertake, with your consent, any other promotional activities such as providing information about special events;
- to communicate with you about our products and services and other information related to our business that may be of interest to you;
- to build our contact database;
- for internal analysis, such as identification of trends;
- to provide you with effective customer service and/or technical support;
- to improve the design of our Site; or
- deliver target advertising and coupons.
Natpets may share your personally identifiable information with its affiliates and trusted third parties who assist us by providing services to users of the Site, including, but not limited to, survey companies, credit card processing, fulfilment processing, customer service, email distribution, and website management. These third parties are required by contract to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Additionally, to comply with legal requirements, cooperate with law enforcement, prevent fraud and other crimes, and protect the legal rights of Natpets and others, there are circumstances in which we may share the personal information we collect on this Site without notifying you when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or regulatory requirement; to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other legal process; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce a contract; to protect the legal rights, property or safety of Natpets, our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, independent contractors, licensors, suppliers, partners, successors, agents, and other users or the public in general or to protect your vital interests. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or government agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful without providing notice to you.
If we merge or are combined with any other organization, or if we transfer assets or operations to another organization or company, we may disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties in connection with such sale, merger, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or transfer of all or some of our business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Natpets about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by Natpets to promote its own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by clicking unsubscribe in any email newsletter you receive from us or by logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Natpets as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising.If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
Natpets’ Site is not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age. We do not use our Site to knowingly solicit personal information from or market to anyone under thirteen (13) years of age. If you are under thirteen (13) years of age you may not use this Site and should not provide any information about yourself through this Site. Our goal is to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to the collection and use of information from children, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States and other applicable laws or regulations. Please be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If you believe that we received information from a child or other person protected under such laws, please notify us immediately by postal mail addressed to Natpets LLC, 2108 55th Street, Boulder, CO 80301 or by email at email@example.com and we will take reasonable steps to remove that information from our database.
Data Security Commitment
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have industry standard measures in place to safeguard and secure information and data we collect through the Site. It is important that you understand, however, that no website or database is completely secure or “hacker proof” and we cannot guarantee security of the information you submit to us. You are responsible for taking personal steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting your password from unauthorized use or disclosure.
Contacting Us; Opting-Out
At your request and where the law requires us to do so, we will make good faith efforts to confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information, fulfill specific opt out requests, and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information if you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit such requests. We may decline to process a request that is unreasonable, jeopardizes the rights or privacy of others, is impractical or for which access is not otherwise required.
Who to Contact
California Residents: If you reside in California and have provided personally identifiable information to us, you may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at: Natpets, LLC located at 2108 55th Street, Boulder, CO 80301or call 855-459-5683.